Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I don't wanna be a grown up anymore!!

So...being graduated is an awesome feeling.
I accomplished something huge. Something that a lot of people do not get the opportunity to do.
I conquered tests, projects, papers, and presentations.

But now...I feel like I would rather have that.

Being grown up is dang scary.
I am applying for jobs right now.
I am moving home to SC in a little less than a week for EFY and wedding plans and wedding festivities. Then in August Alex and I are moving to Salt Lake so he can finish up his schooling.
Which means I have to get a new job.
Alright...it was easy enough in college.
I pretty much got hired wherever I applied.

Well...real life grown up jobs are a little different.
I have been searching on Monster.com for weeks now and either nothing looks interesting or you need a Master's degree or you need 10 years of experience. Hello, people?! I'm a fresh grad...how can I have 10 years of experience in anything?
So the search keeps continuing.

And then there's housing.
Housing is more expensive as a married couple because you're not splitting it up with 5 people.
So it's all just conglomerating together to one big stress ball.

Thankfully I have an understanding fiance who could tell I was getting stressed.
He kindly reminded me that we will be ok.
We are doing the right thing. We are starting an eternal family, which is what we are supposed to be doing...at least that's what they keep telling us. :)
If we're doing that, we will be alright.
Heavenly Father knows our needs and he is not going to just drop us on our butts after making such an important decision as an eternal marriage.
True.
I felt better after he gave me my mini reminder.

So on to more application filling out and resume sending! Bleh.
If you know of any good job openings in the Salt Lake area...I'm your girl. :)

0 comments: