Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My favorite 2011 moments!

Welp...2011 has come and almost gone. I can't believe it!
Time sure does fly...especially when you're having fun.
And this year, my friends, I had a lot of fun! :)

So to celebrate 2012 comin' on its way...I shall recap some of my favorite times that went down in the year 2011. (And in chronological order no less. :)

1. The birth of my niece, Ms. Laela Carolina Barksadale. (January 2011)
I sure do love that little peanut...though she is not so little these days. That kid is walking around, saying a few words, dances, and is the cutest thing on the planet. I wish I could see her every day. This picture is us on her blessing day in AZ shortly after she was born.

2. Out with the old, in with the new. (January 2011)
So I got rear ended a few days after Christmas 2010 and since my 4Runner was not worth much anymore (to the insurance companies...not I) poor Neil was totaled out and I had to get a new car. This picture is of me with Neil on our final day together. We drove around to our favorite spots, blared some music (on his old speakers), and I told him how sorry I was I had to get rid of him. The day Neil left was seriously sad. I cried. I don't care if you think I'm pathetic. I loved Neil with all my heart and soul and whenever I see a tan 4Runner, I think back fondly and sometimes I tear up. I am grateful for my Millie girl, though. She's been good to me, especially her MUCH more efficient gas tank. I know I could not still be at New Haven if it weren't for Millie girl. So for that, I am truly thankful.
R.I.P Neil...I miss your handsome bod.

3. Jimmer-mania! (Basketball season 2011)
Everyone in the USA knows the name Jimmer! And it was so exciting to be at BYU for it! Every game was so thrilling and you could only stand there and wait for him to do something extraordinary, because he did pretty much every game! It was so great to see BYU's name all over ESPN and have professional players talk about Jimmer. I love when I have an extra reason to have school spirit...and he certainly brought it!

4. My 24th Birthday. (March 2011)
I always love my birthday, and this year did not disappoint. I had awesome friends around me, we did awesome things, and who can't help but love having a Justin Bieber cut out?! He was a nice addition to our home, even if he lurked in the shadows early in the morning and would sometimes frighten us. :)

5. Going to Santa Barbara for the first time! (March 2011)
Alex and I are just little bfs/gfs in this picture! Feels so long ago. :)
It was great to go to my future husband's home town, meet his parents, and start to join our lives together. I'm so glad we are both from paradise spots so that going home is always a pleasure!

6. Getting Engaged!!! (March 2011)
The engagement happened shortly after we returned from Santa Barbara. He even had the ring with him the whole time while we were there...that little stinker. BUT...our engagement night was a memorable one and I was SO happy to know that we were actually doing this thing! :)

7. Festival of Colors (March 2011)
I have wanted to go for SO many years now, but would always have something in the way...usually work. Thankfully they're now making more sessions of it, so that you can find a time that works for you! We went the morning after our engagement and it was SUCH an amazing way to celebrate! I can't wait for the next one...it is seriously a great event!

8. Celine Dion Concert in Vegas! (April 2011)
I have DREAMED of it my whole life and it actually came true. I actually saw Celine Dion sing...live...right in front of my eyes. Her style, her grace, her voice...ah! Everything about her was flawless. She was just how I imagined and I love her even more. It was literally a day trip, but it was worth it and I so enjoyed going with my friends to see this diva!

9. Graduating from BYU! (April 2011)
Ok, so technically I graduated in December 2010, but there was no celebration to be had until April! My family all came out and it was so nice to officially recognize all of my accomplishments while I was at BYU. I love BYU with all my heart and soul and can't imagine going to school anywhere else. It was just where I needed to be. I learned a lot secularly, spiritually, and personally. It's where I grew up. (Wait? Am I a grown up?) Graduating was definitely a reason to party it up and it was awesome being able to sit next to my bestie, Ashley Kay, for both ceremonies! I'm so happy to be done! :)


10. Gettin' our engagements on! (May 2011)
I'm SO grateful my awesome sister, Krista, is a photographer!

11. Being at home for a few weeks! (parts of June, July, & August 2011)
I love being home during summer. Beach, boats, and pool are in full swing! It was also great being with my family and just being in the paradise I call home. This happened one day: a lizard slithered in our house and I was SO terrified that all I could do was trap it under this tupperware and wait for daddio to get home. I left this sign so no one would move it!

12. Braves game! (June 2011)
So sad that it was the one and only game I could go to this season, but it's always a good time. Love those baseball boys of mine!

13. EFY! (June-July 2011)
This was my 5th year of working EFY! It is SUCH a huge part of my life. Some of my very best friends are because of EFY. Some of my most precious spiritual times are because of EFY. A lot of who I am today is because of EFY...both as a participant and worker. My last year did not disappoint! It was such a blast and I am so glad Alex was able to join me this year and see him love being a counselor. I truly am blessed to have been able to work it all these summers.

14. Palmyra EFY! (August 2011)
I am SO fortunate to have been picked to be a counselor at the special edition EFY in Palmyra, NY! It was an unforgettable experience. I was able to go to the Sacred Grove, Cumorah Hill, Fayette, the BoM printshop, the Whitmer farm, and so much more. I loved my kids and I loved that week. I want to go back so badly! Everyone should go...it's seriously amazing!

15. Got hitched! (August 2011)
'Nuff said. There's nothing like being in the sealing room of the temple knowing you're making the right decision. I love being married and I love my husband.


16. Honeymoon! (August 2011)
Honeymoons are awesome! I highly recommend them. Ours was perfect. Right on the beach, laid back, plenty of things to do, lots of relaxing, etc. Twas a sad day when it came to an end. Moral of the story...get married and go on a honeymoon! It's great! :)

17. Rascal Flatts Concert! (September 2011)
I've almost convinced my husband how awesome they are! He had a good time, not quite as good as me, but it was still a grand 'ole time! I quite enjoy going to concerts with my hubby...especially when it's Rascal Flatts.

18. Salt Lake Cemetary (October 2011)
If you're in SLC...go there! We loved seeing all of the prophets that are buried there, but Pres. Hinckley was by far the coolest. He's "our" prophet and we love him so. It's an amazing experience to stand by his grave and reflect on all he did in this world and all he did to me, personally. He's a role model and I miss him lots.

19. Santa Barbara Reception (October 2011)
Our 2nd reception was a blast! Love my family, love my friends, loved going to the L.A. temple...which is where this picture is taken.

20. Thanksgiving (November 2011)
Yes...my husband rocks. He put on this get up and I love him for it!

21. Our first Christmas! (December 2011)
Our first Christmas together as a married couple was a success! He did a good job in the present department, and so did I! :) It was so nice to have our siblings around and just have a few days to be with each other and feel of the spirit the Christmas season brings! Here's to many more Christmases!

2011 was for sure a year that will go down in history!
I mean...I got engaged, graduated BYU, AND got married all in one year!
PHEW!
2012 is already looking bright and I'm excited to see what the future brings for us Fosters.

How was YOUR 2011?! Do tell! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. i love this and i love you. The end.
<3 Brittany Malouf