Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A real life miracle

Not that I didn't already believe miracles can happen in our lives, but I know more than ever that miracles are real.
And to me and my growing family...this miracle is just as real as parting the Red Sea.

Alex and I went in for an ultrasound to check up on my placenta.
Obviously it's also a plus to see our little man!
We went in with the attitude that most likely the placenta had not moved from my cervix opening.
My doctor had just been very realistic and kept telling us at our check ups that the likelihood of it moving was slim to none.
In all of his years delivering babies (which is upwards of 35 years) he has rarely seen a complete placenta previa move.
So more or less we have just been praying that my body would be a good home for our son and that everything with my pregnancy would go as smooth as it could.

Well...we get in there and the nurse brings us back.
She squirted the warm goo on my belly and off we were to seeing the innards of my belly.
She went ahead and went straight to my cervix so that the baby could be more of the highlight of this visit.
She pointed out my cervix and as I'm looking at it I'm thinking, "There's nothing blocking it.  But maybe I'm seeing it wrong."
After studying it for a few seconds our nurse pointed out where my placenta was and it was NOT blocking my cervix!
It kind of had to sink in before I actually realized what she had said.
I could not believe it!
It felt like I was living in a dream and that I would wake up and she would actually tell me it had not moved.
But oh was it real!
She measured how far away it was and it was measuring 3 centimeters.
When delivering they want the placenta at least 2 centimeters away so not only had it moved from the opening, but it moved even further than expected!
I was just in shock the whole time, but more than anything I felt an overwhelming amount of gratitude.
I could not believe that I was one of the lucky few in this world that recovers from placenta previa.

She then of course showed us our baby boy.
His heart was beating just great, his blood vessels were bringing blood in and out, he had all of his toes...he's just this perfect little human.
His face is the cutest though...of course. :)
And he had his little hands crossed right underneath his chin.
Talk about break your heart!  He has already smitten us.

Afterwards my doctor called me when he got the ultrasound results.
He was dumbfounded.  He said he was really shocked and that someone up above must love me a lot.
He then told me I could live a normal life now and do everything I haven't been able to do!
It was such an amazing feeling to be released from being a prisoner within my own body!

More than anything it's amazing to not worry.
I had been doing a lot better with not worrying so much, but obviously it still crept in fairly frequently.
Within that next day I was able to run around with my niece, go on a walk, and just live care free.
So care free I decided to use my sister's stairs as a slide. (that one was not on purpose.)

I am so grateful for all of the family and friend prayers sent up above both in our homes and in the temples.
I know that was a huge part, if not the main part, of why my placenta moved.
Heavenly Father works in amazing ways and I'm so overwhelmingly blessed that He decided to work a miracle within me.
I suppose two miracles have happened within me since our little man is such a miracle in and of itself. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This got me teary-eyed. Heavenly Father does hear our prayers. I'm SO happy for you!

Kendra said...

I really am happy for you. That is so wonderful! I remember worrying with my partial whether or not it would move enough. But yours moved with a complete previa! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely wonderful, I'm so glad i read this xoxo analisa