Saturday, July 30, 2011

When I say "Raw" you say "Chester"

So this one time I flew to New York.
Rochester in fact.
I flew out of Jacksonville at 5:45 this morning (after getting 4.5 hours of sleep) and after a layover in D.C. landed myself in NY at 9:30 a.m.
After finding out the shuttle to Palmyra is $75 I thought to myself, "There must be another way."
So I contacted the EFY team up here. They were still in MA at their last session.
So what am I doing, you ask?
I am waiting here until Ash & Liz arrive from Atlanta at 11:30 p.m. when the EFY team will pick us all up and take us to the Palmyra Inn.
Yeah...you add that up.
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
14 HOURS!

I have found myself a quaint spot by baggage claim. I have big windows to look out of, a rocking chair, a short couch, a Pretzel Maker & a TCBY. I finally gave in to hunger and after purchasing $8 worth of crap food decided the airport will take my money no more today and I will live with the hunger that will most likely consume me around 8 p.m.

Good thing I have a lot to occupy my time with.
I've done lots of things for the wedding. (YAY checking things off my to-do list!)
And I've made a lot of headway in The Hunger Games. (LOVE it.)
And of course I've chatted it up with friends and the love of my life. (His name's Alex in case you were wondering...)
And this is me:

8 hours down...7 to go! WOOT!

2 comments:

Ashley Kay said...

awww poor thing! can't wait to see your sweet face in 5 hours :)

brooke elyse said...

I hope you survived and were very successful with your wedding list of things to-do!!