Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Resolutions!

First of all, I LOVE Resolutions.
Rarely do they stick, however.
I heard on the radio that only 13% of the resolutions people set, are kept.
I believe that statistic because that's just where abouts I am with mine from last year.
Here they are, check 'em out...
I needed to complete 1.2 of my 9 resolutions to get 13%.
Let's see...
I half completed these 3:

Write the grandparents.
Get all A's and B's my last year at BYU.
Save money for a vacation.

I did call the grandparents more, which I was proud of!
I called them more than any previous year at BYU.
However, no letters, which I should work on.
I did let one C sneak in my last year.
Out of the 12 classes I took during my last year, one C did get in there.
But do I get credit for all the other A's and B's? I think so...it's BYU, c'mon!
And as far as vacations, I did not plan a big one necessarily, but some vacations have just fallen upon me, like San Diego & San Francisco and thankfully I had some money saved up to be able to go to those places.
I think all of those halfers should count for at least one.

Then I DID complete my last resolution which was getting a boyfriend. :)
Oh that Mister of mine...he's lovely.

So I completed a total of 2 of my resolutions, which equals 22%! YES!

Ok...I really am going to try harder this year and here are my resolutions for 2011! (are you excited, yet?! :)

1. Once again, I am going to try harder to read my scriptures EVERY day. Some days are super hard since I work from 6:30am-11:30pm...straight. I need to even just read a verse before I lie my head to sleep. It's so important and I need to get that every day habit back in my life.
2. And also once again, write in my journal at least once a week. I used to do it every day, which seems impossible to me now. Ok, I won't lie to y'all. I quit writing when things got bad with Dan. I did not want to write in a journal...I just couldn't. I did not want to record my crappy emotions into pages that would be read for generations. I've had a feeling for awhile to write it all down just FOR posterity's sake...so I'm in the process. And it feels great. I have missed getting lost in my journal.
3. Practice piano 2-3 times a week. I have let weeks go by where I have not touched the piano. That is sad considering it is one of the greatest talents I have. I love the piano, I really do. I need to get back to playing all the time.
4. It's always on everyone's resolutions, BUT...lose weight. Not a ton. I more want to get toned again. Ashley and I are going to create a plan this evening, and going to help each other accomplish it!
5. Go to a cultural event once a month. That can be a play, a concert, a festival, whatever...just something to make me appreciate the arts more.
6. Be serviceable. I do not quite know how to measure my success on this one, but I just want to serve more...however that happens...
7. Be a better family member. I am a sister, a daughter, a granddaughter, and soon to be...an aunt! I want to fulfill those roles the best way I can.
8. Write 2 songs. I have not written songs in SO long. I will admit, I am so daunted by this resolution, because I'm so out of practice. My problem that has plagued me for years is not being able to finish songs...so I figure 2 songs is a good starting point for a 12 month time period.

Well...those are the resolutions I currently have.
Let's hope 2011 is good to me! :)

In other news...Karly is having her baby on Tuesday, the 11th!!!!
Krista and I will venture down there the day before!
I am SOOOO excited to be an aunt to that little one!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw you through Mari B's site and had to take a look. You are too darn cute and inspirational. I just thought it'd be nice to let you know someone else looks at your blog and thinks you're great!