Saturday, January 11, 2014

Confession.

There are times when I seriously don't know what to blog about.
Mostly because my entire day revolves around my family.
Alex & (especially) Kameron take up 90% of my time.
That other 10% goes into showering, journal writing, eating, and sometimes exercising.
But all I think about while in the shower or while eating is what else I need to get done FOR them.
And while yes, this can be exhausting to my brain at times...it's become my new normal.
And surprisingly, you know what?  I'm not nearly as bitter as I "should" be.

To most of society what I do day in and day out is boring, redundant, and unimportant.
And I think that's why I sometimes hesitate to blog anymore since it's not "cool" to hang out with a 5 month old all day. (And sometimes at night when he decides to party at 3am.)
I feel like I had way more "interesting" things to blog about before pregnancy and Kam's birth.
So I would open up a new blog post, write a sentence, then delete it and shut my laptop.
I felt like people didn't care about what I was about to share.
But as I watch my sweet baby sleep in his crib via the amazing invention of a video monitor, I've decided I don't care.
This blog is mine.
People can read it if they want.
Or they don't have to...and that's ok.
But if a blog is about writing things that are important to you...then sure, a lot of my future blog posts will be about my doings as a wife and mother.
Because that is my new normal.
I felt like when people would describe me pre marriage and pre motherhood they would say words like: dancer, piano player, friend, hard worker, listener, smart, singer.
And not that I'm not those things anymore.
But I've added wife and mother.
And those are my 2 most important describing words.

So I'm throwing caution to the wind and from here on out I am going to blog about whatever I feel like...and not worry about whether it's cool, interesting, trendy, or thought provoking.
I'm only going to worry about whether it's important to me and something that I want to share with others.
I can't lie though...living your day while watching a baby try and figure out this world...it's pretty great.
My testimony of God and the creation has grown leaps and bounds since being pregnant, going through childbirth, and taking care of Kameron.
And for that...I will be forever grateful.

So I shall leave you with some awesomeness:
1. Kameron loves grass.  And it may be one of the funniest things to watch him try to grasp one, single blade.
2. Alex sometimes will sing along to One Direction or Lady Gaga...it's amazing.  Ask him to do it the next time you see him.
3. My stretch marks are now a soft shade of purple instead of blaring, dark, bruise purple.  Progress, people!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I get it! Welcome!

shmily2@juno.com said...

I understand....treasure these days, they will all too soon be gone! You will always be a Mom, but at some point it will no longer take 90% of your time! These are precious days!