I canNOT even believe one year has come and gone!
Where the heck did life go?!
I guess they say that time flies when you're having fun, which may be the reason that this year has gone by so dang fast!
Because Alex and I have too much fun together! :)
Alex really is my bestest of friends and I couldn't imagine marrying anyone better than that man.
Here is what I have learned in this past year about my sweet, sweet husband:
1) When I am feeling down (whether he is the source of it or not) he will NOT stop trying to make me feel better until I actually do feel better. He is a persistent one. Which I am so grateful for! Some husbands would just say I was being a stupid girl and move on until I snapped out of it.
2) I can get a little silly and out of control sometimes. But whether I'm singing at the top of my lungs or dancing around like an idiot, Alex just looks at me and smiles and says I'm so funny. That just boosts my confidence to keep being a spaz. :)
3) I rarely play the piano around Alex. For some reason I get nervous around him and the piano. I haven't figured out why yet. Anywho...when he does come home while I'm playing the piano, he comes into the room so he can sit down and listen.
4) In his sleep he hugs me, love pats me, kisses me, etc. He always knows I'm right there. It's seriously one of my favorite things when I wake up in the middle of the night and he does something cute without even knowing he's doing it.
5) He always asks my input in his outfits if we're going to church or some other event. I like that he trusts my fashion sense and knows I wouldn't let him walk out looking like a goon. :)
6) He compliments my cooking. That makes me feel good. Whether he does it so I'll cook more for him or because he wants me to feel good...either way...I'll take it!
7) He gives me blessings any time I ask for one. Not that he could really say no...but he could complain about how he just gave me one or how he doesn't feel like it, etc. But he doesn't. He just quietly does what he needs to do to give me a blessing from our Heavenly Father. What a treasure to me for marrying such a worthy man who can give me a blessing 24/7.
8) He's always telling me I look pretty. It doesn't matter if it's right when I wake up or if I'm all dolled up...that man makes me feel like a million bucks. (Though I do tend to get more compliments throughout the day when makeup and a good outfit is involved. :) But I really am always amazed when we first wake up and he tells me how beautiful I am.
9) He apologizes when he's wrong. Even if it might take him a few minutes :) I appreciate him taking responsibility for himself. It makes things so much easier around here.
10) He takes upon himself the job of making sure we say prayers together, read the scriptures together, and go to the temple together. (Even if the Olympics have perhaps screwed up our scripture reading time. Oops.) I'm so grateful for his proactivity in our spiritual lives. I know he'll be an amazing father in that aspect. (NO...this is NOT a baby announcement!)
I really could go on and on and on about Alex Foster.
But I don't have enough time.
I need to go kiss that sweet man and wake him up to wish him a "Happy Anniversary!"
We're headed to Bear Lake for a couple days and I couldn't be more excited to spend a few days with no one else but my main squeeze.
Happy Anniversary, Alex.
I love you more and more every, single day.
Thank you for being the amazing man that you are and for helping me reach all I am capable of.
Thank you for making me feel like a queen.
I'll leave you with a video I made for him.
I think it's pretty great. :)